The 13th edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) is currently ongoing in the United Arab Emirates.
Here, we are presenting a detailed IPL 2020 Summary so far, it will be helpful to predict the IPL 2020 finalists.
In the ongoing Indian Premier League 2020 (IPL), all teams have completed 7 matches against each other and right now Mumbai Indians (MI) is leading the charts by 10 points on IPL Points Table while Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) is standing on the last position with only 2 points in hand.
IPL 2020 Summarized: All Team Performance So Far
Here we are presenting a detailed and comprehensive IPL 2020 Team Performance Summary
Delhi Capitals (DC)
- Position on Points Table: Currently, Delhi Capital is standing on the number 1 position on IPL 2020 Points Table by winning 7 matches out of 10 and with 14 Points and the NRR of +0.774
- Winning Potential: Delhi Capitals is performing exceptionally in the Indian Premier League 2020 (IPL) and securing his position for Playoffs. Shreyas Iyer led side has defeated almost every big name in IPL except Mumbai Indians (MI). They have the potential to win the trophy this year.
Mumbai Indians (MI)
- Position in Points Table: With 12 Points, Mumbai Indians is standing on the number three position of IPL Points Table. MI have won 6 matches out of 9 and have a NRR of +1.201.
- Winning Potential: Mumbai Indians (MI) is the best performing team in IPL History so far with four titles on their name and looking to hand on fifth one. They played all of their matches really well and They will definitely play the final. Lets see who they will face in the IPL final on 10 November.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
- Position on Points Table: RCB led by Virat Kohli is standing on second position on Points Table with 14 Points and 7 wins with a NRR of +0.182
- Winning Potential: RCB was the most inconsistent team in the IPL history with no title on its name but this year they are performing well and won 7 matches out of 10 and showing the potential to lift the trophy. RCB have strong chances to win the IPL trophy this year.
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)
- Position on Points Table: With 10 points and a NRR of -0.828, Kolkata Knight Riders is occupying the 4th position on Points Table.
- Winning Potential: KKR has won 5 matches out of 10 and maintained its position on number 4th in the IPL 2020. They are good performers but not consistent. In order to win the IPL 2020 trophy for the second time, they need a lot of improvement in their bowling side.
Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH)
- Position on Points Table: SRH is on number 5th position on IPL Points Table with 8 Points and a NRR of +0.092.
- Winning Potential: Sunrisers Hyderabad won the IPL title in 2016 and now again wants to grab it. In IPL 2020, SRH won 4 matches out of 10 and scored 8 Points. They have the ability to upset any big team in IPL.
Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
- Position on Points Table: Chennai Super Kings (CSK) is standing on 8th position on IPL Points Table with 6 points and a NRR of -0.463.
- Winning Potential: Till IPL 2019, Chennai Super Kings was the most consistent team in IPL. They managed to reach playoffs in every season of Indian Premier League but in the 2020 season, they were unlucky to continue their form and won only 3 matches. It is very hard for CSK to reach the playoffs this season but cricket is the game of miracles and anything can happen.
Rajasthan Royals (RR)
- Position on Points Table: RR have 8 points with a NRR of -0.620 and stand on the 7th position on IPL Points Table.
- Winning Potential: Rajasthan Royals have a good and balanced team and are the winners of 208 IPL edition but in 2020 they failed to perform well and won only 4 matches out of 11. They have good power hitters on their squad who can change the match in the wink of an eye but their performance is poor and not consistent. Rajasthan Royals need some proper management if they want to bounce back into the tournament.
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP)
- Position on Points Table: Standing on the sixth position on the IPL Points Table with four wins (8 points) and a NRR of -0.177.
- Winning Potential: Kings XI Punjab is very unlucky in the IPL 2020 season as they managed to win only one match. But now they have four wins and bounced back to the tournament They are 6th position at the Points Table and it is almost impossible for them to reach Playoffs. In the rest of the matches, they need to perform exceptionally well in order to qualify for Playoffs.
Top Candidates for IPL 2020 Playoffs
Here are the the teams with great potential which are strong candidates for IPL 2020 Playoffs. These teams are selected on the basis of performance and player analysis.
1# Mumbai Indians
The defending champions Mumbai Indian (MI) led by Rohit Sharma is currently the best team in IPL 2020 so far. The blue army have won 5 matches out of 7 and topped the IPL Points Table. However, they faced defeat in the inaugural match but later they bounced back and lost only one match against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in a Super Over. Right now, they are on a four match win streak with NRR +1.327 and are the favorites to lift the IPL trophy for the fifth time. In their last match, MI defeated the second best team of the tournament Delhi Capitals (DC) with 5 wickets.
2# Delhi Capitals
Currently, the second best performing team in the Indian Premier League 2020 (IPL) and standing at number two position on the Points Table. Their IPL campaign start was thrilling when they defeated Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) in a Super Over and in the next match against Chennai Super Kings (CSK), DC won by 44 runs. The Sheryas Iyer led side lost only two matches against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) and Mumbai Indians (MI) and have 10 points with NRR +1.038. They are the second best contenders to win the IPL 2020 final.
#3 Chennai Super Kings
Led by MS Dhoni, the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) was considered the most consistent team in the IPL history but in the 2020 season of IPL, this image has been broken. CSK started their IPL campaign marvelously but later they failed to continue their form and lost 3 matches in row against RR, DC and SRH. Then they defeated Kings XI Punjab (by 10 wickets) and again lost two. They won their last match against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH). CSK just won three matches out of 8 and stood on number 6 position with NRR -0.390 on Points Table. If they continue this form, it will be hard for them to even qualify for Playoffs.
#4 Royal Challengers Bangalore
Virat Kohli led Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) is the unluckiest team in IPL journey as they did not win any title so far. But in IPL 2020, they are performing very well and it seems that they can lift the IPL trophy this time. Kohli’s army have won 5 matches out of 7 and currently stand on the third position on IPL Points Table with NRR -0.116. RCB won their first match against SRH and lost second against Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) by a huge margin (97 runs) which infected their NRR. But in the third match RCB bounced back and defeated MI in Super Over. Right now, Bangalore based franchise is on a two match win streak defeating Kolkatra Knight Riders (KKR) in their last match by 82 runs.
Potential Playoff Teams (List Order)
The following teams are good but they are competing with the stronger team and not seems to survived the playoff round. however, KKR is still a potential candidate who could cross the river by consistent performance.
#5 Sunrisers Hyderabad
David Warner led Orange army have played 8 matches in Indian Premier league 2020 (IPL) so far and won only 3 and standing on number 5th position with 6 Points and NRR +0.009. Their IPL start was not that and lost two back to back matches against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) but bounced back and won two matches in a row against Delhi Capitals (DC) and Chennai Super Kings (CSK). In their 2nd match against CSK, they lost the match by 20 runs. Sunrisers Hyderabad’s performance is not consistent but they have the ability to upset any team in the IPL 2020.
#6 Kolkata Knight Riders
Owned by Bollywood King, Shahrukh Khan, the Kolkata based franchise is standing on the 4th position on the Points Table with NRR -0.577. The Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) have won 4 matches out of 7. However, KKR have the most expensive overseas bowler Pat Cummins on their squad but still they performed not so well in IPL 2020 so far. In their last match, RCB defeated them by a big score (82 runs) which infected their NRR a lot. The Kolkata Knight Riders have defeated Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH), Rajasthan Royals (RR), Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) till now.
7# Rajasthan Royals
The IPL inaugural edition winner Rajasthan Royals is always considered to be a good team but in IPL 2020 they are unlucky to perform well with only 3 wins out of 7 matches. The Men in Pink won their first two matches in a row and then lost the next 4 in a row also. The last win was against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) by 5 wickets. Rajasthan Royals (RR) have 6 Points with NRR -0.872. It seems that they will not be able to qualify for the Playoffs this year.
8# Kings XI Punjab
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) failed terribly in IPL 2020 season till now and won only one match out of 7 stood on the last last position with only two points and NRR of -0.381. They only defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) by 97 runs and then now on a losing streak lost 5 matches in a row. They had a chance to win their last match against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) but after a thrilling match KKR managed to win by only two runs.
IPL 2020 Final Match Prediction
By comparing the performance of all the teams so far, we can say that Mumbai Indians (MI) will definitely play the IPL 2020 Final on November 10. The other team would have been Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). RCB is performing very well in the season and they have the potential to win the title. RCB Captain Virat Kohli is coming back into the form and AB De Villiers also on his footprints. IT seems that RCB will do a miracle this year in IPL 2020.