Dubai International Cricket Stadium is all set to host the next match of Indian Premier League 2020 (IPL) as Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) will face the defending champions Mumbai Indians (MI) on Monday, September 28, 2020.
Yesterday, we witnessed a sensational cricket match in which Rajasthan Royals (RR) defeated Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) with four wickets and created a record of Highest Run Chase in the history of Indian Premier League (IPL) so far.
Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings Highlights
- Mumbai Indians started their IPL 2020 campaign against Chennai Super Kings and lost their first match.
- Later, in their second match against Kolkata Knight Riders, they scored a comfortable win. Hit Man Sharma scored a quick 80 while Suryakumar Yadav made brisk 47. MI pacers Jasprit Bumrah, James Pattinson and Trent Boult were in good form too.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) looked promising in their inaugural match defeating Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) but in the second match, Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) treated them badly.
- KL Rahul scored a sensational century and secured a victory for his team.
- KXIP bowling attack also played a vital role in their victory against RCB.
Let’s see what will happen today in Dubai.
Today is the day when we will witness two of the best batsmen of the era Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli going up against each other. Both of the batsmen are among the top three run scorers in the IPL.
Besides Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli batting, the battle between Chahar and Chahal will also be interesting.
In IPL History, Both the teams have played 27 matches against each other in which Mumbai Indians (MI) won 18.
In IPL 2019, MI and RCB played two matches and MI won both the matches by 6 runs and four wickets respectively.
In today’s IPL match, both teams have multiple things to offer in terms of quality and talent.
Lets see who will conquer Dubai today.
- Match Toss Time: The toss of today’s IPL match between MI and RCB will take place at 7:00 PM (IST).
- Match Time: The match will start at 7:30 pm (IST) at Dubai International Stadium.
Predicted Playing 11 for Today’s Match
Mumbai Indians (MI)
Q de Kock, R Sharma, S Yadav, I Kishan, H Pandya, K Pollard, K Pandya, J Pattinson, R Chahar, T Boult, J Bumrah
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
D Padikkal, A Finch, V Kohli, AB de Villiers, GM Singh, W Sundar, S Dube, I Udana, N Saini, A Zampa, Y Chahal
Pitch Report RCB vs MI
Dubai Stadium pitch has a lot of potential for batsmen. This is the same pitch where KXIP smashed unbeatable 206/3 against RCB and KL Rahul scored the first century of the season. However, the batsmen should be cautious of the spinners. With the dew factor coming in late game, the total of 160 will be good enough at this venue.
Weather Forecast for Today IPL Match Dubai
Monday is another hot matchday in Dubai. The temperature will be around 37 degree celsius at day time and will drop to 27 degree during the night. The humidity level will be around 53%. There is no chance of rain today in Dubai.
Approaching Milestones in RCB vs MI IPL Match
- Rohit Sharma needs 10 runs to complete 5000 IPL runs. He is also a six away from 150 IPL sixes for MI.
- Virat Kohli needs 73 runs to complete 5500 IPL runs and requires 10 sixes to complete 200 IPL sixes.
- AB de Villiers needs 26 runs to complete 4500 IPL runs.
- Suryakumar Yadav needs 2 sixes to complete 50 IPL sixes.