The Indian Premier League 2020 (IPL gala is landing in Sharjah on Tuesday for the fourth match between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and the pink warriors Rajasthan Royals (RR).
The Chennai Super Kings (CSK) has already won their inaugural match against Mumbai Indians (MI). Rajasthan Royals are going to start their IPL 2020 journey today.
Here are some amazing facts about CSK and RR
- Both the teams have played against each other 21 times before and Chennai Super Kings defeated RR in 14 matches and holds a record of 14-7.
- Chennai Super Kings has won IPL three times while Rajasthan Royals has one trophy on its name which they won in the inaugural edition of IPL in 2008 by defeating CSK under the captaincy of Shane Warne.
- In the IPL 2019 season, Chennai Super Kings won both the matches against RR. The first win was by eight runs and the second won was by four wickets.
- The bad news is that Ben Stokes who is the top run-scorer for Rajasthan Royals is missing in today’s match and RR opener Jos Buttler cannot join the playing XI due to the quarantine issues.
- Rajasthan Royals captain Steve Smith is back and ready to lead the team in their first match today against CSK. Steve Smith recovered from a head injury and all set to win their first game.
- Rajasthan Royals team is a good combination of young blood and experienced players. They bought India’s top performers at Under-19 World Cup Yashasvi Jaiswal, Kartik Tyagi, and Akash Singh.
- On the other hand, Chennai Super Kings M, Vijay could be a player to watch out for Rajasthan Royals today. Murali Vijay has scored 366 runs against Rajasthan Royals (RR) at the strike rate of 139.16. To encounter M, Vijay, RR has a good option in the form of Robin Uthapa who has scored 538 runs against CSK at the strike rate of 135.51.
Let’s take a look at the playing XI of both the teams for today’s IPL match at Sharjah.
Rajasthan Royals (RR) Playing XI
R Uthappa, Y Jaiswal, S Samson, S Smith, D Miller, R Parag, S Gopal, T Curran, J Archer, R Tewatia, J Unadkat
Chennai Super Kings (CSK) Playing XI
S Watson, M Vijay, F du Plessis, R Gaikwad, K Jadhav, MS Dhoni, R Jadeja, S Curran, D Chahar, P Chawla, L Ngidi
The fourth match of Indian Premier League between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) will start at 7:30 PM (IST) at Sharjah Stadium. Toss time is 7:00 PM (IST).
Pitch Report for Today IPL Match CSK and RR
In the previous three matches of IPL, it was the bowlers who enjoyed the match mostly in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Today, in Sharjah the wicket seems more batsman-friendly. We can expect a high scoring battle between CSK and RR.
Weather Conditions for Today Match CSK and RR
The United Arab Emirates is a great place to conduct cricket matches as the raining ratio is very low here and rain cannot interrupt the match. For today’s IPL match, there is no chance of rain in Sharjah. The temperature will be around 40 degrees celsius and will test the stamina of both the team players.