The Playoffs situation in Indian Premier League 2020 (IPL) has become very tight nowadays. The defending champions Mumbai Indians (MI) is the only team which has successfully qualified for Playoffs already. However, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Capitals are in a very strong position to qualify as Kolkata Knight Riders has defeated Rajasthan Royals (RR).
Rest of the IPL teams like Chennai Super Kings (CSK), Rajasthan Royals (RR) and Kings XI Punjab have already been out of the Playoffs race on Sunday. Chennai Super Kings defeated Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders won over Rajasthan Royals and reached the 4th position on the Latest IPL 2020 Points Table.
Also Read: 5 Best Free Apps to Watch IPL 2020 LIVE on Mobile and TV
RCB, DC and KKR are Good Options to reach Playoffs
All above three teams have 14 points right now on the IPL Points Table but Kolkata Knight Riders have lesser NRR than RCB and DC. On Monday, 2 November 2020. Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Capitals are going to face each other in the 55th match of IPL and if they keep the defeat margin low which does not affect their NRR much, both teams will qualify for the Playoffs.
How can KKR qualify for Playoffs?
For Kolkata Knight Riders, the only way to make it to IPL 2020 Playoffs is that if Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) loses to MI on Tuesday match or in the RCB and DC match, the winning margin is very high then they can reach playoffs on the base NRR.
How can IPL Teams reach Playoffs?
Royal Challengers Bangalore have played 13 matches so far and they have 14 points by winning 7 matches and their NRR is -0.145 and only one match left against Delhi Capitals.
- If RCB wins against DC, they will qualify as the No. 2 team.
- In the case of defeat, they will still make it to the playoffs as they have a better run rate than Kolkata Knight Riders.
- In today’s match, if RCB scores 160 runs, they will need to make sure that Delhi Capitals will take 17.3 overs to chase it down.
- In the case of RCB bowls first and concedes 160, they need to lose the game by at least 21 runs to keep their NNR forth of Kolkata Knight Riders.
Delhi Capitals have played 13 matches in IPL 2020 so far and they have 14 points by winning 7 matches and they have a NRR of -0.159.
- Delhi Capitals has only one match left against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- If they win the match, they will qualify as the No. 2 team.
- If they lose they can still qualify but they have to maintain their Run Rate better than Kolkata.
- In today’s match, if Delhi Capitals bat first and score 160, they need to make sure that RCB take at least 18 overs to chase the target or in case of DC bowls first and concede 160, they should lose the match by 18 runs to keep their NRR ahead of Kolkata.
Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) have played 13 matches and they have 12 points with a NRR of 0.555.
- The only way left for Sunrisers Hyderabad to make it to the Playoffs is to defeat Mumbai Indians in their last league match.
- SRH have a greater NRR and in the case of winning against MI, they will qualify to IPL 2020 Playoffs.
- In case of defeat against MI, they will be out of IPL 2020.
IPL 2020 Points Table (Updated)
|2||Royal Challengers Bangalore||13||7||6||0||0||-0.145||14|
|4||Kolkata Knight Riders||14||7||7||0||0||-0.214||14|
|6||Kings XI Punjab||14||6||8||0||0||-0.162||12|
|7||Chennai Super Kings||14||6||8||0||0||-0.455||12|