Finally, every IPL fan’s wait is over and excitement is just around the corner. The IPL is finally happening in the United Arab Emirates after a lot of rumors regarding canceling due to the CoronaVirus pandemic in India. In August, BCCI’s confirmation to go ahead with the cash-rich league is a sigh of relief for millions of fans all over the world. However, IPL dates have been announced but tocsin of CoronaVirus is still there and will require strict rules to be in place to ensure the safety of players.
After the confirmation of the dates of IPL, all teams are heading towards UAE. Before teams hit the stadium, every member of each squad, including players, support staff, and team management will have to follow protocol.
Here are the safety protocols for IPL 2020 teams to prevent the danger of CoronaVirus in UAE.
- Produce a negative COVID-19 PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test report issued no more than 96 hours before arrival in the UAE.
- Undergo mandatory one-week quarantine at their hotels or apartments.
- Undertake a mandatory COVID-19 test at the port of entry in the UAE, followed by tests on day three and six of their quarantine period.
- Go into the biosecure bubble and will begin training once all the three tests are found to be negative.
- Undergo follow up tests every fifth day and additional tests done when travelling from one city to another.
Let’s take a look at how players are doing in UAE under safety protocols for upcoming IPL 2020