IPL 2021 Suspended Update: When will the remaining matches of IPL be played? IPL fans are wondering nowadays to get the answer to this question. The 14th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) is suspended due to Covid-19. The Indian Board of Cricket is now searching for a window to complete the 2021 IPL season. Well, there are no quick answers, but BCCI Governing Council Chairman Brijesh Patel stated that BCCI could find a September window to finish the remaining 31 matches of the IPL 2021.
Talking to Cricbuzz, Brijseh Patel Said, “Now we have to look for a window. If we get one, we will explore holding it. We’ll have to see if it is possible in September. We need to examine the plans of the ICC and other boards,”
On Tuesday, BCCI decided to suspend the ongoing edition of the Indian Premier League halfway after franchises turned up with multiple Covid-19 cases. Then BCCI agreed to stop the tournament immediately. Now, the only alternative for BCCI would be the September window. But for that to happen, BCCI would think about the ICC T20 World Cup in October.
India Test Tour England is starting from August 4, and the Indian team will not be available until September 14. According to travel restrictions, a seven-day quarantine is compulsory after international travel, and Virat Kohli and Co. will have to undergo weekly isolation before getting available.
Is it Possible to resume IPL 2021 this year?
- 2021 is a busy year for sports, and international players will be decorated with their national teams. Also, the ICC World Test Championship final between India and New Zealand to be played from June 18-22.
- Tokyo Olympic 2021 will happen in July, but clouds of uncertainty hover over them due to the pandemic. Olympics also can get canceled after Japan sets to extend the Covid-19 emergency.
- The Indian team will be on England Tour in August and September for the Test Series ending on September 14.
- In October, England will tour Pakistan for two T20Is, and in the same month, T20 World Cup is scheduled, which ends on November 15.
In this scenario, the window to resume IPL 2021 will be available in November, but most likely, India will face a third wave of Covid-19 in November. So, BCCI may move the remaining 31 matches of IPL 2021 to UAE.
Here are the details of all International Cricket Fixtures starting from June.
- Ireland tour of Netherlands, 2021: Jun 04 – Jun 09
- Sri Lanka tour of England, 2021: Jun 18 – Jul 04
- ICC World Test Championship Final 2021: Jun 18 – Jun 22
- Pakistan tour of England, 2021: Jul 08 – Jul 20
- South Africa tour of Ireland, 2021: Jul 11 – Jul 25
- India tour of England, 2021: Aug 04 – Sep 14
- Zimbabwe tour of Ireland, 2021: Aug 06 – Aug 20
- England tour of Pakistan, 2021: Oct 14 – Oct 15
- England tour of West Indies, 2022: Jan 28 – Mar 28