In India’s Pink City, The Sawai Mansingh Stadium is an exclusive cricket stadium. In the history of The Sawai Mansingh Stadium, there are many historic events i.e. The visit of Pakistani President Gen. Zia Ul Haq for witnessing the India – Pakistan Test match in 1987, as part of the ‘Cricket for Peace’ initiative. This Stadium is named after Sawai Man Singh II. The Sawai Mansingh Stadium is the home of IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals. Back in 2013, as part of Australia’s summer tour to India, Virat Kohli stunned the Jaipur crowd with his brilliant 52 ball hundred, the fastest of his ODI centuries in a powerful swatting he served to the touring Aussies.
IPL 2020 venues has been changed and whole league is shifted to UAE. Here is the new venue list below
- Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
- Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium, Sharjah
- 1 IPL 2020 Sawai Mansingh Stadium
- 2 Sawai Mansingh Stadium Timings, Opening Time, Entry Timings
- 3 Sawai Mansingh Stadium Facts
- 4 Sawai Mansingh Stadium Stats and Records
- 5 Sawai Mansingh Stadium Weather Report for April and May 2020
- 6 Hotels Near Sawai Mansingh Stadium Jaipur
- 7 Sawai Mansingh Stadium Stands and Maps
IPL 2020 Sawai Mansingh Stadium
Built-in the year of 1969, Sawai Mansingh Stadium also known as SMS Stadium hosted its first Test Match between India and Pakistan in 1987. Gen. Zia Ul Haq crossed the border to witness the 2nd day play of the match. First One Day International match was played in Sawai Mansingh Stadium in 1983 between India and Pakistan. India won that debut ODI match at Sawai Mansingh Stadium by four wickets. This ground also hosted two World Cup Matches in 1987 and 1996 respectively.
Upcoming IPL 2020 matches at Sawai Mansingh Stadium
The much-awaited fixture list for Rajasthan Royals has been announced. The Vivo IPL 2020 Campaign will see RR play at two home venues. They will play their first two home games at Guwahati before returning to their home Jaipur.
|42||MON||EVENING||4-May-20||RAJASTHAN ROYALS||CHENNAI SUPER KINGS||Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur|
|9||SUN||EVENING||5-Apr-20||RAJASTHAN ROYALS||DELHI CAPITALS||Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati|
|36||WED||EVENING||29-Apr-20||RAJASTHAN ROYALS||KINGS XI PUNJAB||Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur|
|13||THU||EVENING||9-Apr-20||RAJASTHAN ROYALS||KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS||JAIPUR/ Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati|
|50||MON||EVENING||11-May-20||RAJASTHAN ROYALS||MUMBAI INDIANS||Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur|
|31||SAT||EVENING||25-Apr-20||RAJASTHAN ROYALS||ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE||Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur|
|27||TUE||EVENING||21-Apr-20||RAJASTHAN ROYALS||SUNRISERS HYDERABAD||Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur|
IPL 2020: Sawai Mansingh Stadium Ticket Prices
Compared to the other stadiums in India, Sawai Mansingh Stadium IPL Ticket Price in Jaipur is low. IPL Ticket Prices for Sawai Mansingh Stadium are not yet revealed. IPL Ticket Prices for Rajasthan Royals will be disclosed soon. Sawai Mansingh Stadium online ticket booking will be available on BookMyShow. IPL Online Ticket Booking BookMyShow is a great option for those who do not want to stand in long queues on stadium ticket counters.
Here are the estimated Ticket Prices Sawai Mansingh Stadium IPL 2020.
Ticket Prices for Sawai Mansingh Stadium Stands
- East Stand 1, 2: 500 INR
- East Stand 3: 750 INR
- North East Stand1, 2: 1000 INR
- North West Stand 1, 2: 1,200 INR
- JK Lakshmi Cement S East 1, 2 | South West Stand 1, 2: 1,500 INR
- North – Secretary Box, West 1: 5,000 INR
- South President Gallery | Jk Lakshmi Cement PL Gold: 8,000 INR
- North East Lawn 1, North West Lawn: 1,800 INR
- South West Lawn: 2,500 INR
- South West Long Room: 15,000 INR
Sawai Mansingh Indoor Stadium
Located in Jaipur, it’s an indoor Stadium owned by Rajasthan State Sports Council. It was opened in 2006 with a cost of 1000 crores. The stadium is the home of the Pro Kabaddi League team Jaipur Pink Panthers owned by actor Abhishek Bachchan.
Sawai Mansingh Stadium Timings, Opening Time, Entry Timings
Opening timings for Sawai Mansingh stadium
All days of the week
12:00 AM – 12:00 AM (According to the match)
How to Reach Sawai Mansingh Stadium
Sawai Mansingh Stadium is located on one side of the Rambagh Circle. The stadium can be reached by the new metro line. Or you can hire a taxi, auto rickshaw or an Uber.
Sawai Mansingh Stadium Parking
Parking is also available outside the Sawai Mansingh Stadium. But if you are coming to watch an IPL match, just avoid bringing your vehicle due to great hassle out there. Metro is a good option to reach Sawai Mansingh Stadium during IPL 13.
Sawai Mansingh Stadium Facts
Here are some Sawai Mansingh Stadium Facts and Figures.
- Location: Jaipur(Pink City), Rajasthan, India
- Establishment of 1969
- Capacity 30,000
- Operator Rajasthan Cricket Association
- Tenants Indian Cricket Team, Rajasthan cricket team, Rajasthan Royals(2008-15, & 2018-present), AU Rajasthan (2019-Present)
- Ends: Van Vihar Colony end, Garh Ganesh Temple End
- Time Zone UTC +05:30
- Home to Rajasthan Royals
- Floodlights Yes
Here is the Address and Contact Number of Sawai Mansingh Stadium.
- Address: Jaipur Nagar Nigam, Lalkothi, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302005, India
- Phone: +91 141 274 4283
Sawai Mansingh Stadium Capacity
Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur is undersized as compared to Eden Gardens Kolkata or Sardar Patel Stadium Ahmedabad. SMS stadium has a sitting capacity of over 30 thousand super crazy fans, who flock to the stadium every time the Royals play here.
Sawai Mansingh Stadium Stats and Records
Here we see a list of stats and records of Sawai Mansingh Stadium.
STATS – TEST
- Total matches: 1
- Average 1st Innings Scores: 465
- Average 2nd Innings Scores: 341
- Average 3rd Innings Scores: 114
- Highest total recorded: 465/8 (163.3 Ov) by IND vs PAK
- Lowest total recorded: 341/10 (128.5 Ov) by PAK vs IND
- Total Match Played: 19
- Batting First Won: 7
- Batting Second Won: 12
- Tie: 0
- Avg. Score in 1st bat: 244
- Highest Score: Australia 359/5
- Lowest Score: England 125/10
The highest ODI Total: 362/1 India
The Highest Individual Score: M.S Dhoni: 183(Not Out)
There is no T20I played in Sawai Mansingh Stadium.
Sawai Mansingh Stadium IPL Stats
- Total Match Played: 47
- Batting First Won: 15
- Batting Second Won: 32
- Tie: 0
- Avg. Score in 1st bat: 158
- Highest Score: Rajasthan Royals 197/1
- Lowest Score: Mumbai Indians 92/10
Sawai Mansingh Stadium Renovation and Facilities
In 2006, Sawai Mansingh Stadium underwent a renovation of Rs 400 crore, which led to the establishment of a world-class cricket academy next to the ground. It has 28 rooms, a gym, a restaurant, 2 conference halls, and a swimming pool.
Sawai Mansingh new facilities are:
- Media rooms
- 2 new blocks
Sawai Mansingh Stadium Weather Report for April and May 2020
Jaipur Weather in April 2020
The climate in Jaipur during April can be summarized as very hot and very dry. In Jaipur, April is the 4th warmest month of the year. Daytime maximum temperatures average around a warm 37°C (98°F), whilst at night 21°C (70°F) is normal. Also, April is the 2nd driest month of the year in Jaipur with just 0.2 inches of rain making it a very ideal place to conduct IPL matches.
Jaipur Weather in May 2020
The weather during May in Jaipur can be summarized as very hot and dry. May is the 2nd warmest month of the year in Jaipur. Daytime maximum temperatures average around a hot 40°C (104°F), whilst at night 25°C (77°F) is normal. Also, May is the 5th wettest month of the year with 0.7 inches of rain typically spread over 2 days. These weather conditions in Jaipur makes it an ideal place to play IPL games in 2020.
Hotels Near Sawai Mansingh Stadium Jaipur
For accommodation during IPL 2020, There are a number of hotels near Sawai Mansingh Stadium Lalkothi Jaipur.
Royal Orchid Central Jaipur
Royal Orchid Central is located 0.49mi away from Sawai Mansingh Stadium. This is a lavish hotel with 70 rooms spreading on 7 floors. Along with 2 restaurants, this smoke-free hotel has a bar/lounge and a coffee shop/café. Free buffet breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, and free valet parking are also provided.
What’s around Royal Orchid Central Jaipur
- In Rambagh
- Sawai Mansingh Stadium – 11 min walk
- M.I. Road – 25 min walk
- Birla Temple – 10 min walk
- Museum of Indology – 18 min walk
- Birla Auditorium – 21 min walk
- Ram Niwas Gardens – 29 min walk
- Central Museum – 30 min walk
Here are the address and contact details of Royal Orchid Central Jaipur
- Address: No. A-26, A/2, Jaisingh Highway, Banipark, Kanti Nagar, Bani Park, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302016, India
- Phone: +91 141 405 1234
Treebo Trend Indiana Classic Lalkothi
Treebo Trend Indiana Classic hotel is located 0.45mi away from SMS Stadium. They offer their guests 16 smoke-free guest rooms, Air conditioning, Daily housekeeping, Self-serve laundry, Luggage storage, Free on-the-go breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It’s a good place for families. This is a good budget hotel to stay during IPL 2020.
What’s around Treebo Trend Indiana Classic Lalkothi
- Sawai Mansingh Stadium – 15 min walk
- M.I. Road – 40 min walk
- Birla Auditorium – 28 min walk
- Birla Temple – 36 min walk
- Ajmer Road – 39 min walk
- Sansar Chandra Road – 43 min walk
- Museum of Indology – 44 min walk
- Station Road – 2.5 mi / 4 km
- Address: C 120, Janpath, Behind Vidhan Sabha, Rajasthan 302015, India
- Phone: +91 93726 70724
This 5-star hotel is for those who love to live a lavish lifestyle. Their main amenities are, 79smoke-free guest rooms,3 restaurants, and 2 bars/lounges, Full-service spa
The indoor pool and outdoor pool, Breakfast available, Fitness center, Business center, Airport shuttle, In-room childcare, Terrace, 24-hour front desk, Air conditioning, Free WiFi and free parking. Sawai Mansingh Stadium is a 10 min walk from here.
What’s around Rambagh Palace
- In Rambagh
- Sawai Mansingh Stadium – 10 min walk
- M.I. Road – 36 min walk
- Birla Temple – 16 min walk
- Birla Auditorium – 23 min walk
- Museum of Indology – 25 min walk
- Ram Niwas Gardens – 35 min walk
- Central Museum – 36 min walk
Address: Bhawani Singh Rd, Rambagh, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302005, India
Phone: +91 141 238 5700
Sawai Mansingh Stadium Stands and Maps
The Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur has been the official home ground of the Rajasthan Royals ever since the inception of the IPL. The names of the stands at Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur for IPL are hilarious. Rajasthan Royals has named stands at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium after Rahul Dravid, Shane Warne, Brad Hodge, Naman Ojha, Graeme Smith, James Faulkner, Kevon Cooper, Munaf Patel, Pravin Tambe, and Dinesh Salunkhe. Sawai Mansingh Stadium Ticket Prices to watch the IPL Matches in these premium stands vary from ₹ 5,000 – ₹ 11,000 depending upon their availability.
Sawai Mansingh Stadium View
Sawai Mansingh Stadium Night View
Sawai Mansingh Stadium Drone View
Sawai Mansingh Stadium Entry Rules
Normal spectators are allowed to bring
- Match Ticket.
- Mobile Phone.
- Spectators who come as a family is allowed to bring eatables if they have small children (<7 yrs).
You are not allowed to take in any other electronic gadgets like Power Banks, Cameras, etc., and No Eatables and Water Bottles are allowed… You could not carry the national flag with the stick.