Holkar Cricket Stadium is located in Indore, India. It was earlier known as Maharani Usharaje Trust Cricket Ground. Later, in 2010 it was named after the Holkar dynasty of the Marathas that rules Indore. Indore had another International Cricket Stadium named “Nehru Stadium” which was used until 31 March 2001. This Stadium has hosted four One Day International matches which included two matches between India and England.
The first IPL match ever was hosted in this stadium on 13 May 2011. In October 2016, New Zealand visited India and at that time this stadium hosted the first maiden test match. This stadium was also selected for the 2016-2017 finale of the Ranji Trophy. Two international matches in 2017 were also hosted in this stadium. Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association is the owner of this stadium. There is jungle surrounding the stadium which made chances of rains here mostly and this weather forecast details may vary. Besides these all, Garba events also held here.
IPL 2021 venues have been changed and the whole league is shifted back to INDIA.
Upcoming IPL 2021 matches / Fixtures
As we know, IPL 14 is starting on 11th March. Officials already announced the schedule for all teams. We have covered all team schedules in this blog post. IPL first match will be played between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings in Wankhede Stadium Mumbai. Unfortunately, This year, there is no match scheduled in Holkar Stadium. This year the venue for Kings XI Punjab Home Matches is IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali
This stadium is supposed to be the paradise for the batsmen. It has a flat pitch which gives a bounce and resulting from that the ball comes on the bat well. It has a lightning-fast outfield and has an altitude of 600m above the sea level that makes it valuable for batsmen. Furthermore, this pitch is supposed to be fruitful for wrist spinners. The area of this stadium is spread in 14 acres. This Holkar Stadium is known to be the smallest ground as international cricket stadiums. Straight boundaries are a mere 68 meters while the square ones are nor more than 56 meters. That’s why it is low in dimensions.
The statement of Holkar pitch curator from Indore Samandar Singh Chauhan might seem complicated after he revealed the surface has had a lot of runs on offer but eventually believes the wrist spinners would be benefitted from the pitch.
The Madhya Pradesh-based curator Chauhan stated the special soil was collected and used for the different parts of central India’s state.
“We have used black cotton soil, brought from different parts of Madhya Pradesh,” Chauhan was quoted as saying by PTI.
Stands, Pavilion, Gates and Dressing rooms
This stadium has a sitting capacity of 30,000 seats which are well cleaned and maintained. In 2011, a committee was found which decided the names of pavilions, dressing rooms, and stands/galleries. Surya Prakash Chaturvedi was the chairman of this committee. Here we have a list of the naming of the landmarks around the stadium,
- Press Box is named after HH Maharaja Madhav Rao Scindia of Gwaliior state.
- Pavilions’ named after Col. C.K Nayudu.
- Dressing Room is named after Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi.
- Stadium gates are named after the former international cricketers of this country who are Narendra Hirwani, Amay Khurasia and Rajesh Chuhan.
- One of the two galleries contains stands are named after the great of Indian cricket like Vijay Hazare, Ajit Wadekar, Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, Sachin Tendulkar and Anil Kumble. The other gallery contains stands named after the greats of Holkar era like J. N. Bhaya, M. M. Jagdale, Khandu Rangnekar, Hiralal Gaekwad, Chandu Sarwate and C. S. Nayudu. This combination of current and former cricketers opposite to each other is unique in its way and is seen nowhere else.
- The commentators’ box is named after Sushil Doshi who is a renowned Hindi Commentator.
No parking facilities are expected from Holkar stadium Indore due to which people who come here to see matches have to park their vehicles outside the stadium at some different places. But news has come that there will be parking soon be exposed here and they are working on this as their first priority.
Timing and Tickets
Ticket prices and the timings may vary as per the game. You can visit us again after some time for the confirmation of the timing and ticket prices.
Some things are strictly prohibited to take in the Holkar stadium like
- Water bottles
- Food items
While you should have only your cell phone, wallet and match ticket along with you.
Here we have a graphical representation of map layout,
|First Test||India v New Zealand – Oct 8-11, 2016|
|Last Test||India v Bangladesh – Nov 14-16, 2019|
|First ODI||India v England – Apr 15, 2006|
|Last ODI||India v Australia – Sep 24, 2017|
|First T20I||India v Sri Lanka – Dec 22, 2017|
|Last T20I||India v Sri Lanka – Jan 7, 2020|
Total Match Played: 5
Batting First Won: 3
Batting Second Won: 2
Avg. Score in 1st bat: 308
Highest Score: India 418/5
Lowest Score: South Africa 225/10
Total Match Played: 2
Batting First Won: 1
Batting Second Won: 1
Avg. Score in 1st bat: 201
Highest Score: India 260/5
Lowest Score: Sri Lanka 142/9
Total Match Played: 9
Batting First Won: 1
Batting Second Won: 8
Avg. Score in 1st bat: 160
Highest Score: Kolkata Knight Riders 245/6
Lowest Score: Kings XI Punjab 88/10
Here we have some hotels which are nearest to Holkar Stadium,
- Indore Marriott Hotel Located in Indore, Indore Marriott Hotel is near the airport and Holkar Stadium. Brilliant Convention Centre and Bombay Hospital are local landmarks, and some of the area’s attractions include Indore White Church and Bijasen Mata Temple. It is featured with Free WIFI, Pool, Parking and Air conditioning. Here is the contact number of this hotel +91 731 477 7777.
- FabHotel Amrit Residency FabHotel Amrit Residency is located in Indore. Rajwada Indore and Khajrana Ganesh Temple are local landmarks, and some of the area’s attractions include Indore White Church and Bijasen Mata Temple. It is featured with breakfast, free WIFI, free parking, and air conditioning. Here is the contact number of this hotel +91 70424 24242.
- South Tukoganj South Tukoganj is located in Indore. Rajwada Indore and Khajrana Ganesh Temple are local landmarks, and some of the area’s attractions include Indore White Church and Bijasen Mata Temple. It is featured with Room service, free parking, WIFI, and breakfast. Here is the contact number of this hotel +91 124 393 6765.
- Hotel Kalinga Located in Indore, Hotel Kalinga is in the city center. Rajwada Indore and Khajrana Ganesh Temple are local landmarks, and some of the area’s attractions include Indore White Church and Bijasen Mata Temple. It is featured with a restaurant, free WIFI, free parking, and air conditioning. Here is the contact number of this hotel +91 731 252 4920.
- Every time when the Indian team plays in Holkar stadium, it wins. This proves that this stadium has always been very lucky for India.
- For the cricket lovers, there is also one more interesting thing to visit the stadium and that is Colonel CK Nayudu’s cricket kit that is on display on the ground. As that kit is the same that was used by the legend Colonel CK Nayudu, it sure is a proud feeling watching it.
- This needs no mention that Holkar stadium is where Sehwag hit his double tonne on 8th December 2011 against West Indies. That was surely a match to remember where not only Indore but the whole of India went nuts seeing Sehwag make his record-breaking double-hundred.
Race Course Rd, Near Janjerwala Square, IDA Building, New Palasia, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Pin code: 452001
Contact number / Supports
+91 731 254 3601